07 February 2009

The original Muppets in 3D

Uncovered my box of Viewmaster reels a minute or two ago. Those are so much easier to look at without glasses. I suppose I never got the full impact of them as a kid then.

Looking through the pile it's interesting to see how my general interests haven't changed much over the years. The collection is mostly tv and movie tie-in stuff. And, of course, Muppets. I'd forgotten that there were 'stories' created just for Viewmasters. Sorted in with 'The Muppet Movie' and 'The Great Muppet Caper' are an Audition night story, a general meet the Muppets set, and a trip to Hawaii.

I may have to dig into this a bit more.

A sudden thought: Do I have to explain to anyone what a Viewmaster is? I sure hope not but I bet I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I used to love my Viewmaster. I wonder what Caitlyn did with all of my stuff?

Unknown said...

I brought them along Saturday because I have 3 reels from 'Marriott's Great America' dated 1978, probably from my first trip there (one of very few). Amy looked at them and dug them.