03 February 2009

Line missing?

There's a commercial for Verizon that I think has been edited since they started airing it.

It's at a boisterous family barbeque and the fellow working the grill is pointing out members of his family: his cousin that's like a brother, brother that's like a cousin, an uncle that's not really an uncle but is a keeper.

It's the uncle line that I think has been changed. I swear at first it said something to the effect of 'he's not really my uncle, but he doesn't owe me money, so he's a keeper'.

I didn't read about an uproar and an edit but I've yet to see the version with the longer line since I think I noticed it was gone. Or have I lost my mind? Did I imagine the line? If it was there, did someone consider it offensive? Stereotypical?

I just thought it was a funny reason to like a guy.

1 comment:

MovieMan said...

Nope I don't think you are going crazy. First time I watched the commercial I remember that line being in there. IT made me laugh that's why I remember it. It now does seem to be missing. Perhaps its shorten because of time. IT was still funny.