12 February 2009

A Few Thoughts on Comics from This Week

Light week this week.

Thor #600 is the big book for this week, literally and figuratively. Loki's machinations pay off in big ways causing a change to the status quo. The issue also features a short story written by Stan Lee, the good-natured parody of Chris Giarrusso, and some reprints of 60's Tales of Asgard stories. A few good 'wow' moments. I enjoyed it a lot.

Marvel TV: Galactus - The Real Story was fun. Not outrageously silly fun like I think they hoped, but fun. An interesting look at how people in the Marvel Universe might see the events around them.

Amazing Spider-Girl #29 - It's a pity this book ends with the next issue because it's always been entertaining to me. The character is scheduled to continue in the Spider-Man Family book and that's better than nothing. This is a busy issue, starting to pay off story-lines that have been building for years in some cases. Some exciting moments and a lot of me wondering how they're going to get themselves out of this corner. Good stuff.

The 3 Geeks - Slab Madness #2 - I don't often laugh out loud when I'm by myself but this made me chuckle a few times, so that's an excellent sign. I have a lot of love for Rich Koslowski's work. The fact that's he's been a nice guy the couple times we've met hasn't hurt any either. Go Rich!

The few other items from this week were enjoyable, apart from Eternals #8 which I found tedious. Some of it is the change in artist not sitting well with me and the rest was the X-Men's guest appearance. I'm pretty full as regards X-Men and this crossover felt like all the horrible 90's X-Men appearances I read in my younger days. Not a fond look back.

No comments: