09 May 2009

My Streak

This week there was some talk of streaks in baseball. The Milwaukee Brewers have won their last 17 regular season games against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The record for one team defeating another is 23 back in 1969-1970 when the Baltimore Orioles beat upon the Kansas City Royals.

As of last night, I've been to 7 baseball games at Miller Park this year; 6 Brewers games and 1 Timber Rattlers minor league game. All 7 have been victories for the home team. While I don't exactly recall the timing of last season and which games I attended, I do remember that the Brewers won the last game I attended last season, so I've got at least an 8 game winning streak going at Miller Park right now. Baseball fans being what they are I'm sure there's a site somewhere that tracks fan records as well.

I wonder how I'm doing. Is 8 good? Barely average?

I shouldn't be this curious about it. It'll likely lead to far too much websearching. I've got enough to do, like getting ready to attend Wednesday's game.

No comments: