06 May 2009

Creepy Moment

Was once again at the Milwaukee Public Museum today. I went with my folks for the Titanic exhibit (finally survived!) and we took in some more of the general establishment as well.

Once we got to the Third Planet exhibit, I scouted ahead in order to get some more footage of the T-Rex diorama at the heart of the exhibit. There were other people in there but I was alone in that I wasn't with any of them. I headed for the balcony to get an angle on the scene that I had in my head. On the left side of the diorama (as you face it), there's a landing in the stairwell up to the balcony. As I watched the lighting change, it occurred to me that this landing would be a good angle to shoot from as it would let me see behind the T-Rex better. I headed there.

It creeped me out to do so.

Suddenly upon reaching the area, I felt nervous. Part of it was that I suddenly felt a bit 'inside' the exhibit and that felt wrong. I think the rest was that I was now very close to the T-Rex's tail and that didn't seem right either. As the room cycled, the lightning crash as right by my head. That was a bit odd as well.

I hung in there, overriding my stupid nerves, and I think I got some nice footage. I found some details that I may not have seen in ages, if ever before. It was worth it.

I'm totally expecting to have that 'falling in the exhibit' dream I had after first seeing the exhibit when I was about twelve. I'm not really looking forward to that.

No comments: