10 April 2009

It's my first time, please be gentle

I'm going to Opening Day today. Well, technically it's just the Brewers home opener as Opening Day for the season was Tuesday, but everyone here will be calling it Opening Day. In Milwaukee, this is a holiday, like a sequel to St. Patrick's Day. The fact that this year it falls on Good Friday, an actual holiday to some, will likely be lost on the bulk of the crowd.

This will be my first such event. I'm excited. Mostly I'm excited because it's baseball, we get to grill, and I know it'll be fun, win or lose. Part of me is excited in a 'how will this be different?' sorts of ways, 'will I get a good story out of this?' ways.

I'm planning to bring a notebook, just in case sometime different does happen so I can help myself remember it amongst the everything else. I shall also be dressing warmly. It's April in Wisconsin. Yesterday was nice. Today the wind shifted and it's in the upper 40s. It should still be warmer than my last tailgating experience at the Packers game. Oddly enough we played a Chicago team then as well. Packers played the Bears then and today the Brewers are up against the Cubs. Hmm, odd that.

This will be fun!

No comments: