21 December 2008

Locations. Memories.

I went down that street again.

I haven't had much reason to take that street of late. Even when I had a reason to visit that side of town I had been approaching it from different angles so I didn't take that street. Suddenly I had a reason and I took that path and here I am, going down that street. The restaurant is still there. Every time I see the restaurant I think of you and smile.

It was a forever ago as I recall. I can't remember why I stopped in there any more. I think I knew you worked there. I remember being pleased to see you and you not looking so pleased to be seen. When I made it clear that I didn't care about our location and was just pleased to see you, you brightened.

Return trips were easier because you were more relaxed in my presence. I could joke. I could tease. I could be silly, even from across the room. You would smile. That was nice. It made for a good boost to both our workdays, didn't it?

Indeed it was a forever ago. I don't know if I am still that confidently silly, well, from across the room anyway, in public, with only one friend around. Put me somewhere safe, with a number of friends and certainly you'll see silly but like that? I don't know. Perhaps I've lost something during the forever.

Hope you are well. And happy. Happy and well with someone that can be silly to you so that you smile.

I turn onto the freeway. I am off that street again.

No comments: