26 December 2008

Thanks a lot Jay

Wednesday during the conversation at the comic book store, my buddy Jay recommended a show called 'Snapped'. It just so happened that there was a marathon of the show on yesterday. Once I sampled it, I could not turn away. I left it on the entire day.

The premise is simple really. These are real life stories of women who finally take one step over the line and snap, generally by killing their husband. What I found interesting about the show is that it doesn't always side with the woman involved. If the story isn't cut and dry thanks to the evidence, the story gets told rather evenly. If it's clear the husband was some sort of rat bastard, you tend to feel sympathetic for the wife, even though she went too far. Sometimes the woman's just no good and the show turns on her.

There are shootings, plotted killings, wrenches to the head, poisonings, and I saw an axe murder yesterday. Good grief! You might not want to watch it while you eat either as there were some nasty looking crime scene photos on display.

Of course now I'm convinced that women are out to get me. Thanks a lot Jay.

No comments: