22 December 2008

I have been behaving myself rather well, up til now anyway.

The other day in the newspaper I noted an item stating that the value of the British pound had slid. Hmm, I thought, I wonder how far a 'slide'. The last I'd checked, six months ago or so, a pound had been worth about $2 and had been so for a good year or two. I somehow find an exchange rate of $1.50 to a pound to be more 'traditional' but I don't know why I feel that way.

Amazon UK sends me email because I've bought stuff from them in the past (ah, the joys of a region free, DVD player). They are running sales, as is everyone else.

What did the pound 'slide' to anyway? Oh, just under $1.50.

I have more British television heading my way from Britain. Once I saw that the entire 'The Fast Show' (aka Brilliant! in America) was available in a 7 DVD set for 15 pounds, I was lost. That's laughs on the cheap, that is.

No comments: