23 September 2006

Cleaning on the Archive

One of the awkward things about having all the stuff that I do is that it doesn't take much for it to get out of control. A few years ago I bought a little cabinet to help corral some of my papers. I promptly piled items in front of it and I've been unable to access it for most of the time it's been in use.

Today I decided I needed to accomplish something and weeding through the creeping pile in front of this cabinet was the thing to do. In so doing, I found an item or two I'd forgotten I'd owned (an event similar to one I experienced a week or two before when I was discussing a book with a couple of my friends and I couldn't remember if I owned it or not; tidying up proved that I did indeed own the book in question). Finally I could open the cabinet again, dumped a bunch of stuff inside and blocked it off again, just not as badly.

I did find some items inside the cabinet that I was wondering about. I found some Doctor Who fanzines (one of which has a rather rubbish story of my own in it), some of the drafts of my stories from a few years ago, text from the novel I wrote that still needs editing and some documents that, luckily, I've not needed of late. Most importantly to me, I found a note pad with a couple of scenes written on it. They were for another novel idea I had awhile ago that I have been seriously considering fleshing out. On and off, I've been looking for this note pad for a couple months. So yay for that! I wonder if any of those scenes are worth keeping...

No comments: