22 September 2006

It's going well. Perhaps too well...

When I started in my ‘new digs’ at work, I was told that it might take a little time for people to warm to me. It was nothing against me personally; it was just that the culture of the site was a little different. People would be polite to start and would warm to me after they got used to me and I’d been able to help a few out. Basically, they’d like me once I’d proved myself a little.

It’s been almost a month now. I’m starting to feel the luv. I left yesterday with a shower of enthusiastic ‘thanks’ and waving from user’s I’d helped that day. To be honest, most of the stuff I’d done for them was all goofy stuff, stuff I normally wouldn’t have done but, out here, I’ve got the time and I did. People seem happier to see me now. My supervisor buddy is pleased that I’m fitting into this situation so well.

Something is bound to go wrong. I can feel it.

No comments: