25 September 2006

'Thrilling' Eye-wear Update

Finally removed the set of contacts I complained about earlier this month. I popped them out on Saturday because I couldn't, well, see anymore. Not literally but close enough. The old spectacles came out for Sunday.

See, I'd called last week to order new contacts. I had a set left but I don't like leaving it for the last minute. It's one of those things that I'm actually somewhat grown-up about. They said I needed an eye exam to reorder on my insurance. So the plan was: make contacts survive to Saturday night, remove them, rest my eyes a bit, get an exam on Sunday while not watching the Packers lose, bung in new contacts and return to enjoying life in clear vision.

By the time I reached the store in the mall on Sunday, they were booked for the rest of the day. I made an appointment for Monday and went home. While I drove home, the Packers managed to not lose. Evidently, the key to their success is my not watching the game.

Suffered with my glasses all day today. I can't help but feel them on me all the time now. My vision is less crisp. They're heavy. My nose hurts. I fidgeted with them all day.

Passed my eye exam with minor changes. Got trial pair of contacts (ooo, forgot about that) and was encouraged to bung them in straight away. I don't like doing this sort of thing in public, mainly because it breaks my concentration and I'm sure I look dumber than normal. Managed to do it relatively quickly and look like I sorta knew what I was doing. My insurance paid for everything. Hooray!

Watched 99.9% of 'Heroes' tonight. Loved it. Please give it a try. I'd like to know what they're planning on leading up to for the finale and would hate to see it cancelled midway through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1, 2, is this thing on? test...yep all is well. stupid Packers!