05 August 2006

Comics! Godzilla! Stuff!

Went to the Comi-c..., er Wizard World Chicago yesterday as planned. All went well. I didn't have a big plan going into the day and all that did was make it easier to successfully enjoy myself. Even better, I didn't spend a lot of money while I was there. Since I'm still planning on going back Sunday, I suppose I still have time to screw that up.

Bought my copy of 'Brandon's Little Problem', the comic from Kevin and Kurt, yesterday. Kurt signed it in a manner that caused his wife to give him grief. I laughed. No, I won't repeat it. My work buddy Travis (who went with me) and Kurt had met before regarding a mini-con at MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) so there's talk of the guys attending that as well.

I have read the book and enjoyed it. It's funny and I enjoyed the art. There's a great sense of comidic timing to the book which I've decided is a combination of the writing and the art. Thumbs up, recommended!

Went to a panel for the first time at this con. That was fun. It was interesting watching professional geeks deal with geeks in a civilized fashion.

Spike TV had a booth with TNA wrestlers doing signings. I hadn't expected that at all. The autographs were free, as opposed to most of the autographs that are offered at the con. That was extra nice.

Classic Media has a booth promoting the upcoming DVD release of Gojira/Godzilla King of the Monsters. I already watched the sampler DVD they handed out. I am well pleased. The two versions of the first Godzilla movie are very different. If you've only ever seen the King of Monsters version of this movie, the original is a treat. For what kaiju films came to be, this movie is strangely serious and unnerving. Try it, you'll like it.

Going to a wedding today. I should probably start getting cleaned up. These things take time.

2 comments:

Callie Reed said...

Steve

Did you visit the comic exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum?

Very very enjoyable...

C

Unknown said...

I've meant to go twice already and failed. I have less than a week left so continued failure is not an option.