17 May 2009

Throwback Beverages

I've now had a couple beers that returned to their classic formulas. They were good, certainly better than the 'updated' versions that existed for years.

I'm guessing this has become a trend now as today I saw sodas doing the same thing.

I'm not a soda junkie like I once was in my youth. Soda became too handy and convenient. I drank too much of it. A few years ago, I started substituting other beverages in sodas place and soda mostly disappeared from my drinking habits. I have it occasionally, like a treat, and it's okay. Seeing the throwback sodas, I decided I was interested in trying one. I had a Mountain Dew.

Yes, a Mountain Dew made with natural sugar. Not a MTN Dew. It's the old style logo as well. I liked it. It tasted like the soda I remember falling in love with as a kid, not the heavy syruped stuff that I last remembered drinking from cans.

The in-store ads said its a limited time deal. Try one before they go!

No comments: