20 May 2009

Comedians

I continue to listen to the Comedy 'radio' channel available as part of the TV package. They play a lot of Bill Cosby. This is not that bad a thing to me as I like Cosby's work in general. The other day I started working why there's no retrospective of his career.

Many of his albums were re-released onto CD within the last decade, but not all of them. George Carlin and Richard Pryor had box sets released that collected the bulk of their work and added previously unreleased audio. Is there no unreleased Bill Cosby audio? Seems unlikely.

Speaking of Carlin and Pryor, I've got a VHS tape somewhere that collects an hour of stand-up routines from sixties TV. Cosby appears as well. Why is there no collection like this on DVD? Did I miss it? I've got a DVD collecting most of the Muppet appearances on the Ed Sullivan show. How about a DVD set of comedians? It seems odd to me that this footage doesn't seem to be out there at all. Is it missing? Is it just on YouTube and I haven't looked yet?

I want some footage please.

No comments: