19 May 2009

Short Notes to Clear Some Topics from My Brain

- Watched the season ending episode of 'SNL' this past weekend. Missed the beginning but caught the bulk of what was an amusing show. Admittedly, part of the amusement was due to the sudden unexpected (by our group at least) cameo appearances of former castmembers and friends of the show. In retrospect, it wasn't unlike a late 1990's episode of Monday Night Raw or Nitro, where the bulk of the entertainment was due to the twists and turns involved in the spectacle, more than the overall quality of the product. Having missed the beginning, I don't know if they did anything special for Don Pardo. He has apparently retired after announcing all but one season of the show. The man's 91. He's allowed. Three cheers for Don Pardo!

- I hate to chance a jinx by mentioning it but, man, are those Milwaukee Brewers playing good baseball of late! Even with Rickie Weeks out for the season, they are currently looking like a team to beat in the National League. Three games into this nine game road trip the team is 3-0. Of course, now that I've said something, they'll end the trip 3-6. It'll be my fault.

- The last couple days have felt weird. I did some shopping. I'd gotten used to not doing that. It was fun. Got more remastered Stooges on DVD (all the Curlys have been released and we're onto Shemp now) as well as some Lucha (hooray Parka!). You know, because I don't have enough of that already.

- Last night in between innings of the baseball game, we flipped over to RAW a couple times to see that Ric Flair was back. Weird as I thought it was working with ROH as an 'ambassador'. During one segment we saw, he talked about wanting to un-retire. Really. The Flair - Favre comparisons continue...

No comments: