28 February 2009

Still Drifting a Bit

The days are starting to blur together. My normal weekend appointments were called off and that has only served to further confuse my head. Tomorrow I'll be out of the house and that should help realign things. Hopefully I'll have some fun as well.

Haven't played Guitar Hero in months and today I found out I'm still okay at it. At least I'm no worse at it than I was months ago. I'm probably not any better. My hand won't curl to allow for comfortable play on medium so I lamely rock on easy. I still managed to get through 'Raining Blood' and that's not bad after all that time.

In the past few months, Time/Warner has been meddling with the television scheduling screens. I dislike the changes. Screens are slower to respond in general, to the point where bringing up the guide can lead to a break in the audio/video feed. This never happened before the updates. This failure is part of the reason for the change I mentioned yesterday. Today I found that, at the very least, they made the 'on demand' channels work better. I could never consistently get them to work properly before. Today they're working. I've been recording some shows to DVD, stuff I wouldn't normally record. The lack of commercials or minimal commercials in the 'on demand' feed is very attractive. This way I got the first three episodes of 'Wolverine and the X-Men', which I had previously missed. It's a pretty good show so far.

I also got some 'new' Muppet stuff today. This is exciting!

So there's reason for hope.

No comments: