23 February 2009

Now I'm all Hungry

I try to control the amount of fast food that I eat. I know I don't have the healthiest eating habits in general so I figure limiting fast food is a step in the right direction. However, there are certain times and circumstances that just scream 'fast food' to me and it doesn't seem right if I don't go with the flow.

Generally I gravitate to Wendy's as I am a fan of the Spicy Chicken Sandwich they have on the menu. Hardee's was once a favorite of mine but there isn't one nearby, not close enough that I would go regularly anyway. I prefer Burger King to McDonalds but don't like Burger King as much as I used to do. McDonalds stopped being interesting to me somewhere in my late teens. There are things on the menu I know are 'safe' for me to eat but I don't have an excitement for the place. I think I've had all of one Big Mac in my life. I saw a commercial for a Quarter Pounder the other day and pondered whether or not I'd ever had one. Can't remember. Don't think so.

Of late, I've had a taste for Taco Bell, which seems ridiculous as that's even worse. It's dangerous, evil stuff but a weird yearning for nacho cheese draws me there. It doesn't hurt that they're open late and there's one right off the freeway, not far from where I live. It's a weird self-loathing that brings me there, great heaps of hot sauce, and far too entertaining with beer with which to wash it down.

The other part to me that seems ridiculous to me is that I like watching cooking shows. I see proper food getting made, occasionally get keen to try something, but have no skill in that regard. I can bake after a fashion, barbecue a little, but not really cook. Gordon Ramsey would hate me I'm sure.

No comments: