08 January 2009

My fun day

All times are 'ish'.

9:00 - Settling down for my morning Internet surfing, everything goes dark. The power is out in the neighborhood. Great. At least I've got some comics to read.

11:00 - Tired of reading. I'll get some work done on my writing.

11:10 - Power comes back on. Imagine that. Forget it, I'm still gonna write for awhile.

12:00 - Head for my main computer to catch up. The light blinks on and then shuts off immediately. Reseat power, change outlet, let it sit unplugged and try again. Nothing. Go super pissed which does nothing positive for my back. Try to pull the backup Mac Mini into the big league but find out that it's not compatible with my big monitor or speakers. Great. Become too mad to think straight. Sit for awhile, eat, shower, anything to relax a bit.

14:30 - Start doing a little digging online. Find a reset button inside the case. Take deep breath and push button using pencil. Plug in power and monitor, nothing else. It works.

15:00 - Start plugging in other stuff. Successfully connect to Internet again. Relief starts to set it. Get text telling me that other computer work I did last week is still successful. Start to feel like a relaxed genius. Been awhile.

So, it could have been worse.

No comments: