30 November 2008

Not quite time travel

The offer of a tour of my old high school + 'being' the Doctor + a late night trip to Taco Bell = dream time.

I'm at school, walking up the split center staircase from the second floor to the third. I wonder if I just came from the auditorium? As I walk, I glance down at myself. I'm dressed as the Season Doctor was in 'Time for a Change'. Weird; he was never at school. I feel like I'm late for class so I pick up the pace.

I get to the next floor but it feels like I'm on the 4th floor instead of the 3rd. It might be the 3rd. I lean in towards the classroom I'm heading for, directly across from the stairway doors (where no classrooms sit in real life). It's busy. I don't go in, choosing to wander north down the hallway, pondering over something I found in my pocket. It should be explaining the situation I'm in but I can't really read it. The halls fill with young people. The bell must have rung.

I return to the classroom. I poke my head inside to confirm I should be there before entering. The teacher looks a bit like my middle school Spanish teacher mixed with ... someone. This is an English class I think. I apologize for not being around, sounding very Doctor-like as I do so and take a seat. I review the pending assignments on the board and try to get comfortable. Some of these should be easier than when I was in class (review a case by Perry Mason? What?).

An unfamiliar looking young man (actually, he looked a little like the one fellow from Peter and Gordon, whichever one had the glasses) sits next to me. He appears to be happy to see me and starts assisting me in reviewing the papers sitting before me on the desk. I recognize them as papers from my Archive and grow concerned.

Then I wake up.

No comments: