01 October 2008

Took me long enough

Finally got a haircut yesterday. Feel much better about that now. At least now, when I get motivated enough to seriously look for work, I can go into an interview without looking like a complete slob. That and I just feel better in general. It was thick. I was sweating in a bad way because of it, more in that 'this food is too spicy' way than 'I feel like I'm getting somewhere with this exercise' way.

Anyway, back to fiddling in the archive again. I have all these trading cards and collectible card game things I'm finding and I know there's going to be a pile of things to get rid off here. Not sure how to do it apart from eBay. I have too many cards.

So I bought more. Sigh.

Donruss has an 'Americana' line that I've been staring at of late and finally tested the other week. It's essentially American pop culture cards and they try to cover a little of everything. Since my interests tend to be a little of everything I'm unfortunately fascinated with these cards. Some of the pictures are very recent looking red carpet snaps which is a nice way to go 'So that's what Dwayne from What's Happening looks like now'. A few of the pictures aren't very flattering. There was one of Kelly Monaco that made me go 'cmon, she's prettier than that.' Some are older and are nice choices. There's a Bob Denver card and, instead of the easy 'Gilligan' card, the picture is of Maynard G. Krebs from the Dobie Gillis show. Neat!

There are special cards of course and they have these fabric sample cards taken from items worn by the stars, which is awesome and really creepy at the same time. I've gotten a Charlie Daniels ('Devil Went Down to Georgia') and an Erik Estrada fabric card.

I'm this much closer to Ponch now. Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See if you can work a trade of all your other cards for the Americana line...


Herman