10 January 2011

Universal Studios - November 2010

Finally I reflect on my trip to theme parks in Florida from this past November.

Universal Studios





Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast – once. Niko and I rode this by ourselves while the others did, well, other things. The ride is what it is; simple fun, nothing too wild apart from the chicken dance. What was interesting was the people sitting next to us in the row: a trainee and trainer ride operator. I heard quiet commentary on what were physical effects, what the current ride operator was doing right and wrong, etc. Loved that. Made me glad I left my camera in my pocket as Universal tend to be very serious about recording and pictures on the rides.





JAWS – once. We sat in the front row of the boat. I had the very left side of the boat so when JAWS went belly up it did so right in front of me. Out-standing.



Men in Black : Alien Attack – twice. We got different endings based on our average score. At least I think that's what did it. I'm not sure I ever noticed that before. We did earn our suit one time through. They still wiped our memory at the end. I think.



The Simpsons Ride – three times. It appears they've added a mark to the wall in the 'safety video' area to easily identify tall people and direct them to the front row so as to prevent them from being injured by the design of the ride vehicle. That's how we met the Tallest Irishman and found it was his first time on the ride. He laughed at all the right spots and got off the ride grinning madly. Good stuff.



ET Adventure – twice. They seem to have been having some issues with Botanicus in the entry queue as he wasn't active every day. We rode this almost as it opened one day and the fog sequences were delightfully thick.

Revenge of the Mummy – twice. The two trips through were nearly back-to-back as there was a child swap involved. We rode it, tagged in a different adult, and hopped back on almost immediately. Enjoyable ride but it feels shorter and shorter as I ride it.

Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster – four times. I think that four times was in about 15 minutes. We rode it, Kara giggled madly, and we ran to get back on. Remembered/Found the bells in the queue that play a tune if you hit them all in sequence.



Terminator 2:3D – once. Entertaining show. Long as well; depending on how you queue for this it'll take 45mins to an hour to go through this. Wait until it's raining or you want to sit down for awhile before visiting this. Its good but the length is such that this isn't an everytime show for me.

No comments: