03 May 2010

Music Monday - Social Distortion

I forget what came first. Was it the print ad that showed the album cover, featuring a jumping guitarist? Was it the description of the band's sound, that they were like good ol' straightforward rock n' roll? Was it the WARP?

I bet it was the WARP. The AM radio version of Laser 103, broadcasting a string of 'alternative' radio. 'Cold Feelings' got played a lot.



As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I saw them open for the Ramones. I believe this was after I already owned the album with the jumping guitarist on it ('Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell') as I knew many of their songs. What I remember most about their performance was lead singer Mike Ness yelling at us to get out of our seats and mosh a bit, within the incredibly limited parameters that the Riverside security allowed us.



Years later the following song became popular again. Something about being in a video game? Please note: if this is the only song you know by Social D, expand your knowledge! They are too awesome to be ignored.



There was a cover song then did during that concert. I couldn't say that I'd ever hear a cover of that performer before, not done that well anyway. I wonder what had ever happened to him...



Social Distortion    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell     Greatest Hits

No comments: