03 April 2010

Tidying

One of my ongoing projects has been to tidy up my audio archive. Lots of items get imported into it and 'disappear' from sight because the information in the file is inaccurate or incomplete. As I have over 250GB of audio files, adding one or two that aren't tagged correctly means that they hide easily. This also leads to duplication as I can't remember or tell that the files have been imported.

It was a slow process until earlier this week when I realized that there was a different edit function available, one that let me update a number of fields and go from entry to entry without leaving the update field. Suddenly a tedious laborious process was made more simple. I started having some fun cleaning up the database as it didn't feel as much like work.

That's why this has been a bit quiet of late. I've become addicted to tinkering in the audio archive. Sorry about that. Will be catching up on comics soon. There's also new Doctor Who to talk about. Hooray for that!

No comments: