30 March 2010

Great Mileage from a Gift

One of the problems with things that are always there is that they are always there. They become comfortable. It can be hard to acknowledge them. We expect things to be 'right' and 'functioning correctly' so we don't praise them for doing what they're supposed to do, only become upset when they fail.

Anyway, I was looking over some of the decorations in my room today and actually looked at some of them. One thing that occurred to me is that I don't redecorate often. One of the other things I thought was that I'd gotten very good mileage out of a decoration that was given to me ages ago as a silly gift.

So an additional thank you is necessary to those friends of mine that, at some point in the distant past, gave me that box of socks that featured Kathy Ireland on the box. It is still a source of amusement and such.

No comments: