12 April 2010

Music Monday -

I don't know what the weather is like by you but in Milwaukee, it's been mostly Spring! Warmer weather! Baseball! Barbecue! I ate probably far too many meals cooked over an open fire last week. Let's not even get into the beer.

Spring leads to lighter things: lighter clothing, lighter meals, lighter drinks. A spot of sunlight, in a backyard, grill working, lemonade and vodka, ah... So for today, I thought I'd pick out some 'lighter' songs. Songs that made me think of warmer weather for some reason. Not necessarily items lacking substance, but things that might go down light and sweet.



First we have the snow, then there is no snow, then there is. That's a Wisconsin Spring, maybe even Summer, if I ever saw one. The idea of just calmly sitting around, dreaming all day, just screams of vacation time spent relaxing in a sunbeam, having a think but not about much of anything. Perfect.



I said lighter clothes, didn't I? Lum's almost always in a bikini, so she counts. I'm not into manga/anime as much as I once was but I am still irritated that the official translation of the Urusei Yatsura manga was never completed. That's good stuff that is!

And then there's baseball!

No comments: