13 April 2010

A Few Thoughts on Comics from This Week

After a couple weeks of a lot of comics, last week was a smaller haul. It was three comics. There were a couple magazines and a collection, but only three comics.

Uncanny X-Men #523 continues the 'Second Coming' storyline. I'm not familiar enough with what Cable's been up to or how the newer character of Hope is supposed to act to know if they make sense. I believe they've been hiding out in another point in time and Hope's been trained to constantly be on the run. How does she have a yearning to do her hair? Has she been taught about our period of time? Or am I supposed to believe that a character taught to be a soldier all her life has young girl instincts? It's nice and confusing at the same time. The book manages to explain away some of the problems I had with the first part of the story. It's a step in the right direction but I'm still not too excited about this crossover. Not for another two months.

The Weird World of Jack Staff #2 continues this British type comic. The storylines weave around each other in couple page sections. I've been reading this book for awhile, mostly because the characters are all familiar and yet different from things I've read before. The art is stylish, cartoony but not at the same time. I don't know that you can just jump into this book because of the way the storylines run. I like it but try a trade first.

The Lone Ranger #21 features some Very Bad Things. I've been reading the book since the beginning and these events were just a matter of time. The question is only how bad it will be. I'm guessing it'll be ugly.

No comments: