09 July 2009

Remember Before I Forget

Eric and I kinda motivated each other to go to Job Camp 2 today. To sum it up, it's a meeting of individuals in a somewhat structured form in an effort to provide some direction and encouragement for their job search. As he'd both gotten a bit 'meh' from lack of response, we figured we needed a recharge.

Entertainingly but not surprisingly, Eric had the momentum to get my momentum going but didn't have enough momentum to get there before me. It was located at an establishment that neither of us are particularly familiar with in general. I checked in, wandered about a bit, read the booklet, and went to settle in.

Of course, that's when Eric called. I worked my way through the loud crowd and spoke to him. He was outside and confused as to how to get to where I was. I explained that I'd parked in the parking structure, gone up the stairs to level four, and walked across the 'skyway' to the level of the building with the Camp, as per the instructions the Camp had given us via email. As I spoke, I'd made my way back to the skyway area.

Eric had parked in a lot and was outside, staring up at a 'bridge'. I took two steps to the left in order to stand by the window. As I looked down, Eric looked up at me. We laughed and waved at each other. As I was clearly visible, I gestured as I spoke, making my directions quite clear. He was upstairs in a flash.

We found it amusing.

No comments: