06 July 2009

Not that anyone will care

I rearranged about half of my DVD collection today. The bulk of the collection is held on two large bookshelves with a number on the majority of a smaller bookshelf, some on two even smaller shelves, and a number tucked away in a cabinet. The primary shelf had become mostly television shows of British origin so I cleared away the movies from the other shelves and made it an all-TV case. Most of the movies went to the shelves where the TV shows were from but a number went into the cabinet. The other primary shelf unit was rearranged a bit, with the few VHS tapes still on it removed. Some movies buried in the medium sized shelving unit were 'promoted' to this unit to make them more accessible, primary amongst these the George A. Romero films. All the shelves involved were re-sorted in order to add in movies that had been obtained since the last big shuffle or had been removed and never properly returned to their place.

The upside to this is that I've got some better access to the stuff I watch the most. In general, I watch more of my TV DVDs than my movies, so having them a bit closer and altogether is handy.

On the downside, my shelves are pretty full. 'Luckily' I haven't been buying many DVDs of late so I'm less likely to completely overflow them anytime soon.

Now I just need to watch a few more of them. I still have a number that are still in the wrapper. Silly me.

No comments: