13 July 2009

An Open Letter to the Driver of That Van

I'm sorry, but I have to ask why. Why would you pull out in front of me when you know your crusty, rusty van can't accelerate properly? Did you somehow not think that I was easily doing the posted speed limit of 35mph or that traffic was not clear behind me? Did you expect me to just swerve around you as you struggled to get the van to a double digit speed, seeing as how the left lane was clear? Why should I have to swerve? Why didn't you use the right-most of the three lanes to accelerate instead of jumping into the center lane with me?

I'm trying to be nice in not questioning why you'd continue to drive such an obviously ramshackle vehicle as I understand that times are hard and this may be all you can get for transport. That still doesn't mean you need to pilot such a vehicle thoughtlessly. Just because there are so many other thoughtless drivers on the road doesn't mean you have to join them.

If you didn't see me, then consider glasses. If you were hoping I'd hit you for the insurance, well, then you're a jag, and you didn't do a very good job of it.

Eat a rock,

-Steve

No comments: