27 July 2009

If yesterday was a flash-back then I guess this is a flash-forward

Smasher grunted. “I remember what title fever feels like. I know da nervous excitement that grows in your gut when you got a chance to be recognized as da best. I also know da sick feelin’ you get when ya lose that and ya feel like you’ll never get it back. I got lucky. I had one last run wit’ a belt before I hung up da boots. Dat felt good.”

“That was the tag-team championship you won with Striker, right?” I check. He nods. “Whatever happened to him? I lost track of him after you retired.”

Smasher grunted. “Last I heard from him he was wrestling out west.”

“So he can talk normally?” I check. “I don’t recall ever hearing him say anything other than ‘Timmah’.”

This brought a grin to Smasher’s lips. “Nah, I gotta postcard from him that wuz ‘Timmah’ written inna shape of an arrow pointing west.” I chuckle. I’m not sure if he is kidding or not.

No comments: