31 July 2009

Doctor Who must be getting big again


Monday afternoon I was in a Chinese restaurant with my mom and some of her friends. I'd eaten and was tiredly listening to the conversation before me. My ears perked up to the conversation at the table next to us because the name 'Torchwood' floated across to me. Impolitely I listened in a little, curious to hear if I'd heard correctly. I had, they were discussing 'Torchwood: Children of Earth' and Doctor Who in general. Also impolitely I glanced over at them. They appeared to be more in my parents' age group than my own. Fascinating.

Wednesday we talked about Doctor Who a bit as we tend to do. There, most of the conversationalists are close to my general age.

Thursday I visited with some of my other friends and spent some time talking to Lester about Doctor Who. He's about ten years older than me and has been watching the show since he was a kid in Jamaica.

Today I met one of my mom's friends that lives in London (lucky!). Doctor Who was mentioned immediately and there was surprise that I was familiar with the show. Her six year-old son is a big Who fan but he was shy and didn't want to meet me and hear my Who theme phone ringer. He does have blue TARDIS pyjamas (lucky!) and chose his shoes based on what David Tennant wears as the Doctor.

I've been all over the board this week with the Doctor. I should probably watch 'Planet of the Dead' then huh?

No comments: