18 January 2009

I must say some goodbyes

The gag is that bad things always come in threes. If two things happen then someone is always looking for the final item. I got the two pieces of bad news while in Florida and the third upon returning. That was quick.

Ricardo Montalban. A Khan for the ages. Perhaps the original Latino gentleman actor that stole women's hearts wherever he went. The man styled and profiled. He was always class to me.

Patrick McGoohan - As I look up over my monitor, a poster of him hangs on my wall. A reminder to believe in yourself and what is right. Reportedly refused the role of James Bond as the character conflicted with his moral beliefs about weaponry and relationships. Still not a number.

John Mortimer - I was recently in a bookstore, reflecting on how many books of his I've yet to get and was wondering how he was doing. Now I know. My introduction to him was via PBS' Mystery programme with their broadcasts of the adaptions of his 'Rumpole of the Bailey' stories. Good stuff.

Thank you gentlemen.

No comments: