18 October 2008

How did I manage to take the lead?

How did I get to the front of the line? How am I leading the charge? I suppose I shouldn't complain as I do generally write myself as a leader of the gang but it's pitch black and I can't see a thing. There are hints of light but they are from the other side of the crudely assembled wall. It's not enough to indicate which way to go.

I turn my head to the right and light! Thank heaven for that. I head in its direction, pulling on the hand of the young lady behind me, the first in a chain of held hands to lead us from the dark. The glow is brilliant, but pooling only in the doorway. I can see light in the room beyond, another happiness. This should be easy to traverse and get us closer to freedom. I see bright colours swirling, a cylinder spinning around the room. Pretty really. Relaxing.

I lead the group up the step onto the walkway through the cylinder. It spins and so does my head. The room tilts 45 degrees to the right, threatening to spill us from the walkway into the ever churning cylinder. With my free hand, I clutch onto the handrail and pull us forward. Ever focusing ahead, the colours of the spinning room overwhelm me. In their centre is a portal, grounded in black. An elevator perhaps? Access out certainly. It's blocked by a female of indeterminate age. She doesn't look willing to let us pass. I decide to worry about one thing at a time and pull us forward, towards her and the exit. My group swoons behind me, even more affected my the room due to their preexisting situations. I am not as affected in this way. Perhaps that is why I lead.

As we near the exit, the bloody, deformed woman thankfully slides to the side and lets us pass. We tumble from the room into a simple area, also thankfully lit, with black walls. Our chain of hands separates as all stumble to a wall and try to regain our balance. The female, fellow victim or demon I could not tell, hisses at us to progress.

The chain of hands reforms. I am still at its lead and am forced to plunge us back into the inky blackness of the next hallway.

No comments: