28 May 2008

Progress is good

Last night's read through went well. I got to see the flow of the story, identified some gaps in the story telling as well as came up with ideas to resolve some of them. Also found a scene or two that needed to be swapped around in the order. Typos, lots of typos, especially of the 'what word was that supposed to be?' variety.

So, there's still some stuff to throw into the story and maybe some stuff that needs to come out yet, not necessarily entire scenes but the occasional sentence or paragraph, mostly stuff that's filling a purpose now but might be redundant when the entire thing is pieced together.

I wanted this done a couple months ago already but it wasn't ready and saw no reason to rush it for my own self-imposed deadline. I think I've a much better handle on it now than I did a couple months ago. I just need to keep at it...along with everything else I'm doing.

Into the edits...

No comments: