20 August 2006

More Fest

- Went and saw the Kinsella Irish Dancers to start off yesterday. This was the group that I'd been requested to see as both Eric's younger sisters are part of said group. All in all it was great. I've come to the conclusion that Irish dance is one part tap dancing and one part Ministry of Silly Walks which may well explain it's hypnotic affect upon me. The fancier outfits that some of the dancers wear are earned after winning a championship tournament. Some of these dresses shimmer and glow, brilliant works of art on silk, no two the same in the world. It was also neat to see young kids, kids that may not have seen the other side of the millennium, that can dance better than I ever will.

- Wandered over to the cultural area a lot yesterday as its an area I don't often frequent. I think in an effort to get more traffic they've put more beer over there. I peeked my head into a lecture regarding the potato famine and got hooked for 45 minutes. Interesting stuff. I'm learning!

- Saw Gaelic Storm again yesterday. Brilliant energetic band. Not too folky but not too rock and roll either. They're just a lot of fun to listen to and be part of the crowd. Saw a bit of Quagmyre again and continued to like them. They're more folk music played at a rock n' roll speed and then occasionally taking a breath at a slower pace. The Young Dubliners are a rock n' roll band playing some fiddle and such. Caught a glimpse of Enter the Haggis which was almost punk folk at times. I didn't know the bagpipes could be played at such a speed!

- Drank more beer. Plan to drink even more beer.

- Zombie alert levels were briefly increased from mauve to deep purple yesterday. The first siting turned out to be a bird and the second 'zombie' was a log after closer inspection. Still, I'm keeping a close eye on the lake...

No comments: