18 July 2006

I start a blog and immediately had to go on vacation

So this past weekend I visited my friends in Stevens Point that I haven’t seen in years. I had a good time and, as I tend to prefer while on vacation, accomplished very little. We hung out, chatted a lot and watched movies. I’m looking forward to doing it again soon.

I don’t like overly complicated vacations. I got to go to Japan a couple years ago and there was this concern on the part of the friends I was meeting there that they wouldn’t have enough for me to do. I didn’t need much. I spent a couple hours one morning just sitting outside the train station, having something to eat and watching people go by. It was awesome.

One item of interest regarding the Point trip was that the path that I take to get there had changed for the better. The highway into town had been more or less extended to the freeway. This meant that I arrived in Point about an hour earlier than expected. I was pleased.

There was a bit of a wrinkle upon my attempt to return home to Milwaukee. I was barely out of town when police cars flew past me. My forward motion was soon ended by the same cars. An accident spread across the road and prevented any further progress in this specific direction. I was forced to return to town. The upside to this is that there is another highway that goes through Point. The downside to this alternate path is that it is a longer route so I had to drive for about three hours instead of about two. I hope no one was seriously hurt in the accident. It looked complicated from a distance.

I wish there was something more exciting to report from my trip but, apart from the joy in seeing my friends again, nothing all that exciting happened. Perhaps next time.

No comments: