09 August 2010

Music Monday - The Young Dubliners

It's been a week already? Bugger.

It's August and it occurs to me that Irish Fest 2010 is the weekend after this one. Wow! Finally! Can't wait. As my mind heads in that direction, that's where we're going.

We saw the Young Dubliners at Irish Fest a year or three ago. They return this year and I'm looking forward to it. They work in that punked/rocked up version of folk music that I rather love. Speedy guitars and fiddles at the same time. Good stuff.



Oh and a flute. Not enough flutes in rock music.



The Irish Sessions album referred to in the Early Show video is an album of covers. They cover two Pogues songs. Unfortunately (sorry fellas) this is the one I like less. It's still quite good, but I enjoy their cover of 'Tuesday Morning' more.



This is my favorite song that they do. It just gets me somewhere. It gets inside and stays there.



Why are they the YOUNG Dubliners when they're clearly not that young? Well, cause there's already a Dubliners and, well, they're older. Still AWESOME though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.