01 March 2010

Music Monday - Madness

It's the early 1990s. I'm watching the Young Ones for the first time on tape. Thank you VHS! Mid episode the band starts and suddenly everything is Madness!



Unfortunately the credits on the tape were three episodes combined. What band was I looking for? In those pre-Internet days, information was difficult to come by. I had a similar problem with the Damned when they appeared on the show. I had no problems deciphering Motorhead.

You'd think I would have known about Madness already but I wasn't tuned into the pop world during the early 1980s. If I had been more inclined in that way, I might have remembered this song.



I'm sure you hate me now. 'Oh that'll be stuck in my head for weeks; why would you do that to me?' Well, for one, it is a great song. For two, well, Dexy's Midnight Runners were also on the Young Ones. Do you want three different versions of 'Come on Eileen'? That might be cruel, not that it's a bad song either.

All that was a long time ago. Far too long ago. Are you aware that Madness reunited a few years ago? You didn't know that, did you? Now you do...



H'ray for 2 Tone!

No comments: