03 January 2010

From One Basement to Another

I get out of the Archive for awhile today and what do I do? I spent the afternoon in the basement of Collector's Edge South, a branch of the comic book store I visit on a weekly basis. I hung out with a group of guys I don't get to see often, dug through boxes looking for treasures, and cheered for the Packers. It was a good time.

The highlights of the haul, limited as it might be, were a replica animation cell from Disney's Peter Pan and a wrestling magazine cover dated the month of my birth. Andre the Giant, Dick the Bruiser, Jack Brisco, Dory Funk Jr and others adorn the cover. This looks like good stuff.

I got to hear the stories from Celebration again and was reassured that our 'brilliant' idea to transform one into a comic had been considered and was being worked on. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh...it's being worked on. My first sequential work of 2010 shall be missing a tooth!