25 March 2009

Midwest Gaming Classic

Last year I went to the Midwest Gaming Classic because I could. I had an interest in going, I had no expectations of having company and just went for the sake of wanting to be there. I ended up bumping into friends and had a fine time in general.

This year I had plans to attend with friends I don't get to see very often as they live out of town. These plans worked. In addition to having access to more classic arcade games than last year, more museum systems to look at and play, more vendors to buy from, I had my buddies to mess around with while there. It all ended up working out, which was nice. Hung out, had fun, had a nice dinner with most of them, got to tell stories, got to hear stories. Nothing explosive or overwhelming to report, unless beating Mark in Gorf counts. Or me losing my Kermit in Mickey ears pin. Drat it.

Bought a Xbox 360. It's broken. Maybe I can fix it. For $10 I decided to take the dare. I'm decent at tinkering which means I can follow directions and troubleshoot well but I can also break things that are already broken. We shall see.

No comments: