28 August 2008

Archive work means dusty hands

I've been working on cleaning up the archive a lot these past couple weeks. It's my brain's way of getting out of working on my resume. Both need doing and as long as I'm accomplishing something, my brain can be happy about progress.

One of the problems with working in the archive is that I see the gaps more clearly. Most of the time I know where certain gaps in the collection are located but, since I'm not looking too closely, I can pretend that they're not there. When I'm storing away magazines and I'm in that box and I see what's missing, well, I tend to go looking online for the issues I'm missing.

...You can see where this is going can't you? Luckily I didn't find all THAT many gap fillers.

On the plus side, after I 'complained' about waiting yesterday, the truck came with my package, within fifteen minutes of the posting. I should have complained earlier I guess.

No comments: