18 July 2008

Watched the new Gong Show last night

I have memories of the original Gong Show, more I think from its recycled syndicated life than its original run. This new Gong Show felt very much the same in general: weird acts doing weird things in front of a panel of 'D' list (no offense meant to them) celebrities. I did laugh rather enthusiastically a couple times, oddly with the proceedings rather than at them, so the show succeeded in that regard.

I also came to the conclusion that Andy Dick is this generation's Charles Nelson Reilly, insomuch that, in thirty years when they replay these shows, the young people of that day will be more familiar with his game show work than anything else. And they both have a weird vibe to them. Andy Dick is just more of a ... well more of a dick about it I suppose.

Sorry Chuck.

No comments: