07 July 2008

Announcement Type Thing

I don't talk about my day job much online. There's a good reason for that. I've been near to a situation where individuals have gotten dismissed from their job for complaining about it online. Admittedly, this was slightly above normal complaining but it was still a reminder: be careful what you type.

Since I have this mindset, why am I bringing up my day job? Simple, I currently don't have one. My employer of multiple years went through an employee reduction recently and I was part of it. My last day was July 3rd. It was a sad day for all.

The upside is that the company is being very nice about it. I've got outplacement classes to assist me with getting myself back in the job searching mode as well as a severance package that I consider generous. In the short term, I'll be good. Long term, this might be a good thing or really good thing. If I have to be in this position, at least I'm excited about it. A little nervous but excited.

Let's see what's next, hmm?

No comments: