12 October 2006

So, do I bury it in the backyard or flush it?

I believe my iPod is dead.

I bought an iPod Shuffle, the 1GB size, when they were first released. It isn’t an item I use constantly but it is certainly something I’ve used regularly since I bought it. It is the awesome.

A week or two ago I went to use it and nothing happened; no lights flickered, no music played, nothing. I figured that the battery wasn’t charged and placed it on its USB cable to do so. When I came back later, the battery light flashed red at me and nothing more. Crap.

I checked into battery replacement with Apple. It turns out that replacing a Shuffle battery costs about as much as a new Shuffle. Crap.

I think my iPod is dead. I really didn’t want any incentive to look at a shiny 80GB video iPod. Unfortunately, now I have a little of such incentive. 80GB still isn’t enough to hold my entire iTunes library, so what’s the point?

2 comments:

Callie Reed said...

The point is that 80 gig will afford you far more time in between playlist updates. Plus, then you could download the Strongbad video podcast which is possibly the best video podcast ever made. For serious.

Callie Reed said...

Oh yeah, and sorry to hear about your loss.