03 October 2006

I stayed up late for that?

There are a lot of things that I have an interest in but, when it comes right down to it, only know so much about them because I don’t do them. I have an interest in how movies and television shows are made. I’ve read books, I’ve watched ‘behind the screens’ specials but I’ve never been involved in the creation of a television show so I really don’t know what it takes to do so. I’ve been on television once or twice in the background of shots but that’s not the same.

Hang on, maybe I was on television. Mark! Did that interview ever air or was it just for your class?

Anyway, I’m straying from my point. My point was football. I’ve watched football for years. I’ve played football video games. I’ve even occasionally participated in playing football with my friends. Do I know what it takes to be a professional football player or coach? Heck no.

That said, if I feel that, as a consumer, I can express my opinion regarding movies and television shows I’ve watched, despite never having professionally having done those jobs, I don’t see why I can’t express my opinions on football in the same manner.

The Packers played a very decent first half against the Eagles last night. Pity they had to play two halves.

Ahman Green may be a nice guy but he’s an injury prone player. I was for him getting dropped last year and I find myself having to repeat the request now. He fumbles regularly, is injured regularly and, when he’s not doing those things, plays well. Not well enough to make up for the injuries and fumbles in my opinion.

Ahman Carroll still isn’t getting the hang of his job. Al Harris seems to understand his job but doesn’t do it well. The Packers need corners and these guys ain’t them.

Is Charles Woodson officially a bust yet?

It’s gonna be a long season…

1 comment:

Callie Reed said...

HA! No more Carroll! What a delicious waste of biceps he is....