05 September 2006

Milwaukee: The Biggest Small Town There Is

So Friday I'm at work chit-chatting with the intern that's training me in my temporary new job. We'd already decided we have similiar interests (he reacted very positively to the Doctor Who ringtone on my cell phone) and I was heading down the path of comfortable stories and complaints that I tell new people that I'm becoming friendly with. I was heading into mid-nineties Best Buy (when CDs were $10 and it encouraged experimenting) and had noted that this was also the period where I knew 'half' the store. He checked which Best Buy I was referring to: Northridge. He also had some friends that worked there at the time.

This made my Spidey-sense tingle. As a test, I continued the story, using my long neglected pal Chuck's name. "Chuck who?" he questioned raising his eyebrow. When I told him, he laughed as it's the same Chuck he hangs out with twice a week.

Neat how things come together like that.

No comments: