19 August 2006

A few words on the Fest

- It drizzled for the first hour or so I was at Irish Fest yesterday. In general, I didn't mind. I got a beer and walked around. Lather, rinse, repeat for that hour or so. Great start to the day! The only downside was that my original plan was to get a drink, a little something to eat and find a place off to the side a bit so I could do a little writing while feeding off the energy of the crowd. Perhaps I'll get a chance to do so today.

- Got the joy of hearing the closing announcements for another year in a row. I know they are all official and polite 'please assist our security by heading for the exits' type speech. In my head I hear a heavily accented voice going 'Would ye please leave already? We love ya but go and come back tomorrow whilst ye? We've gotta clean up after you lot now.'

- Got an Irish Fest hat that mimics the Guinness style. I've very happy about that and the Pogues CD I found: a best of collection as well as a live concert from 2001. Woo-hoo!

- The Fest reopens at noon which is, like, now. So I'll get there later this afternoon I suppose. KTNE won't be there until sevenish anyway. I've been asked to be present for the viewing of some dancing earlier than that so I suppose I'll be there sooner than later.

No comments: